Being a student is an important life stage for all teenagers. Most American students get used to having a car. It’s a sign of their prestige, life status, and a convenient means of transportation. Of course, their budgets are limited, and they cannot afford expensive cars. Due to this disappointing fact, most students grow desperate and think they will never find a good car. Fortunately, they are totally wrong because it’s quite possible to find an affordable and even luxury car for a student.
A proficient freelancer, blogger and professional essay writer from Smart Writing Service (a company which offers paper writing services for college students), has studied this case and has shared her opinion with us. “Merely all college and university students dream of owning a car but mistakenly believe they won’t find an adequate option. However, they have good chances to find a new luxury car that costs about $15,000-25,000. It’s not expensive and if a student understands the peculiarities of choosing a car, he/she will find a perfect option.”
We know a lot about the pains of a student’s life. Students are busy folk with heaps of academic assignments, personal problems, and limited budgets. We’d like to provide students with 5 possible options. These are affordable and luxury vehicles at the same time. Thus, we hope to take away their pains and show that life is great.
The first option is one of the numerous creations of Ford. The cost is $19,995 and this car can pleasantly surprise you. It takes only 27-29 miles per gallon regardless of where to drive (city or highway). It is the heir of Fiesta but it’s enhanced. This car has an impressive range of options that will be appreciated by all students.
If you care about safety on the road, this vehicle is exactly what you need. It’s stuffed with the latest safety measures, which include departure warning, rear park assist, 10 airbags, and similar essentials. Therefore, you will be protected. The cost is $16,720, but a lot depends on the trim and features added. If you buy a used vehicle, you’ll save about $3,000.
Japan is a country that develops multiple technological products, and it has a powerful automobile industry. Toyota is a famous brand and Yaris is one of the best options for students. The initial price is $15,560, and you can save up to $2,000 if you acquire a used vehicle. You can find hatchback and sedan versions. All versions include the latest technical innovations for safe and convenient driving. You may choose out of five trims and each is quite suitable for a student budget.
You may consider another famous Japanese car giant – Honda. A great option called Fit costs only $16,190. It’s remarkable that this model is the direct competitor of Toyota Yaris. Consequently, they have a lot in common. If you choose between these two models, pay close attention to their differences because they will help to make the final decision. For example, Honda Fit comes in a hatchback version only. Nevertheless, it has a different configuration and perfectly suits students.
This option is more expensive than others on our list. Nevertheless, the difference isn’t significant if you consider all its advantages. The car will provide a driver with 2.4 liters and a 4-cylinder engine that offers 201 horsepower! It results in 30 MPG on the highway or in the city. Of course, it has all the necessary innovative safety and technology features.
There are only five options. Students can find more luxury but affordable cars to satisfy their preferences and budgets. Simply explore the market and notify the details to understand which option suits you the best.
How to Choose a Good Car for Students
Before you buy one of our or some other propositions, make sure you understand how to choose a car. We have universal recommendations, which definitely help to make the right choice. Make allowances for the following essentials:
- Plan your budget. It’s important to have realistic financial objectives. You cannot use all your savings to buy a car because you’ll need many other more important things. Nevertheless, you shouldn’t give up your dream. Simply plan the budget correctly to define how much you can afford. You can use your savings, ask parents for financial support, or use special programs similar to Turo. This program allows for earning money when you share your vehicle with other people. Don’t forget about car loans. For example, myAutoloan.com offers many beneficial programs for students.
- Consider features & optional add-ons. You can always ask to add or remove several features. It’s vital to be a realist and use your wits. It is unwise to refuse security features, but heated seats and backup cameras aren’t that important. If you refuse them, you’ll save more.
- Choose the right insurance. A lot depends on your insurance plan. You’re obliged to ensure your vehicle, and it sucks out some money. Fortunately, the US market has numerous competing insurance companies, and you’ll easily find an affordable option.
- Make sure it’s safe. It’s of huge importance to think about your safety. Your vehicle should have all the necessary safety features. We recommend buying new vehicles because they definitely have the best life-saving features.
- Watch video reviews. Don’t forget about YouTube! It’s sometimes important and more beneficial to watch pro video reviews of cars. Experienced people review every car in detail and reveal its full potential. Besides, you may learn more about the car’s maneuverability, size, safety ratings, efficiency ratings, and so on. Such content is more informative and helps to make a precise decision very fast.
Keep in memory our five options, as well as useful recommendations on the correct choice of a good vehicle. They will help to choose the best car that satisfies your needs and matches your budget. Don’t base your choice on two options. Begin with at least five vehicles to make sure you’ve done everything correctly.