One of the major attributes of the world today is that almost everything can be done digitally. However, digitalisation cannot effectively replace a one-on-one meeting with customers; especially when it comes to marketing. This is one of the reasons why the effects of using promotional items at live events to acknowledge and celebrate your customers cannot be overemphasised.
However, when it comes to using promotional items at events, you must learn how to use them to obtain optimal results. This implies that you need to understand both what you should do and what you should avoid when using promo items at events. This post will show you just what you need to know.
THINGS TO DO
Here are a few effective things you need to do to enhance the effectiveness of your promotional marketing at any event:
- COME UP WITH SOMETHING UNIQUE: This is crucial if you do not want people to toss your promo item on the shelf as soon as they get home. To ensure that the promo item you are taking to the event is useful and unique; you must consider the type of event, the target audience, and the season that event is taking place. For instance, you can make use of promotional notebooks and pens if you are hosting a conference. If you want something more unique, you can opt for a phone charger that has your brand info on it. Click this link for amazing enamel pins custom labels.
- COME UP WITH SOMETHING THAT WILL CAPTURE THE ATTENTION OF YOUR AUDIENCE: You should be able accurately guess what will engage your audience and what they want. You should find a creative way to use these promo items to enhance the interaction between your customers and your brand. For instance, you can ask them to sign up for your monthly newsletter or give them coupons. Ask them to follow your social media handle after giving them the promotional item.
- DON’T FORGET TO USE PRODUCTS THAT BRAND YOUR SPACE: There is a huge chance that your brand is not the only one that will be represented at the event you are prepping for. This emphasises the need to go for promotional items that will help brand your space and make your business stand out from the others. You can use tents that are branded or banners to capture the attention of potential customers.
THINGS TO AVOID
Here are a few things you should avoid when using promotional items in events:
- AVOID GOING EMPTYHANDED: This may sound very basic but you may be overwhelmed with the logistics preparation that you don’t have time to bring any promo items along. This will make your stand look boring and potential customers will most likely prefer going to other stands to spice up their experience at the event.
- AVOID FORGETTING TO BRAND PROMO ITEMS: While you want to make your customers feel loved, this is not a charity case. You are giving out something that they will value and, in exchange, they are helping market your brand. This is one good reason why you should have your brand and contact information printed on the items.
In conclusion, the tips above will not only help you save on marketing costs, but will also help improve the effectiveness of your marketing strategies at any event.