In celebration of British Sandwich Week, iconic sandwich filler Branston Pickle has teamed up with the king pin of sandwiches, Max Halley, to create a mouth-watering sandwich stack with each layer made from classic food combos and Branston associated with each generation from past to present.
From the Baby Boomer classic Ploughman’s to the brunch inspired Millennial feast. The ‘All The ‘Decade’nce’ Sandwich Stack is comprised of five unique, yet delicious layers:
- Baby Boomer’s ‘Baby Bloomer’ – a posh take on the traditional Ploughman’s featuring Ham Hock and Cheese, Pickled Celery, Onions and Apple, Iceberg Lettuce, Pork Pie with a generous dollop of Original Branston Pickle, topped with traditional British Ready Salted Crisps.
- Gen X’s ‘The Return of the Mac’ – a quirky, retro take on the microwavable foods from their era showcasing a Branston Pickle Mac n’ Cheese patty, Vol au Vent Shards, sprinkling of Garlic Bread breadcrumbs and lashings of salad cream
- Millennials’ ‘All I Avo Wanted’ – the all-known avocado loving generation layer is represented with a fierce guac and fried eggs combo, bolstered by a generous helping of shoestring fries and Branston Tomato Chutney – taking “all brunch every day” to a whole new level
- Gen Z’s ‘I Only Eat Vegan’ – a zingy concoction of tahini yoghurt, sumac pickled cucumber, refreshing mint and pomegranate seed salad with a topping of chickpea crisps and aBranston Caramelised Onion fritter for that added twist– of course, the entire layer has to be 100% vegan
- The Sandwiched Between Generations – the all-time British classic pairing of creamy English cheddar and tangy Smooth Branston pickle, enjoyed by all ages. This layer, featured in the middle of all generations, will also have an added twist of Ready Salted Crisps to tantalise the taste buds.
For British Sandwich Week (19th May – 25th May) an epic combination of all the best flavours from each layer – the Branston Boss Sandwich – will be on sale in Max Halley’s Sandwich Shop all week.
Max Halley, the king-pin of sandwiches, said: “The ‘Decade’nce stack is essentially a beast of a sandwich featuring every generation’s all-time favourite flavours. My mission is to make people think about sandwiches differently. The tang of Branston has stood the test of time and all generations love it. Its unique flavour has helped to beat the beige combinations that are often found in many high street sandwiches. It was a pleasure to create the generational stack. It is strong visual proof of how adventurous we have become over time with flavours.”
Max’s ‘Branston Boss Sandwich’ is available at Max Halley’s Sandwich Shop in Stroud Green near Finsbury Park through British Sandwich Week (19th-25th May), nodding to the occasion by celebrating the changing food scene through the many generations to the present.