- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 30-40 minutes
- Serves: 2
- 1 medium aubergine
- 100g low fat feta cheese
- 1/2 tbsp of pistachio nuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 100g couscous
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- Half a cucumber
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp reduced salt vegetable stock powder (or half a stock cube)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground, black pepper
- 1 tbsp basil, roughly chopped
Recipe Allergens: tree nuts (pistachios), gluten (couscous), celery (stock cube), and milk (feta).
- 1. Preheat the oven to 220oC (fan 200oC), gas mark 6.
- 2. Slice the aubergine in half and score it diagonally in both directions to make a criss-cross pattern. Rub the rapeseed oil into the aubergine halves on both sides, sprinkle with half the pepper, and place in the oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- 3. While the aubergine is cooking, make the couscous. Add the juice of one lemon, two crushed garlic cloves, remaining pepper and the stock powder to a jug, then pour in 150ml of boiling water and mix.
- 4. Put the couscous in a bowl, add the liquid, stir briefly, cover and leave to stand for 3-4 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
- 5. Chop the cucumber into small chunks, slice the cherry tomatoes in half and mix into the couscous. Set aside.
- 6. Take the aubergine out of the oven, and if the flesh is soft and golden brown, crumble the feta onto each half and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- 7. To serve, sprinkle the aubergine halves with chopped pistachio and basil, and add a portion of couscous on the side.