It seems that most people enjoy eating meat. Not only does it give the body the protein that it needs, but it tastes delicious too. People usually consume meat daily from breakfast to dinner. With that in mind, it’s only smart that people eat good quality meat as much as possible to get the energy they need.
Listed below are the benefits of good quality meat which you can get in the market or online shops like Grutto:
Happy Source, Healthy Meat
When the animal that you’re consuming meat from lived in a stressful environment, expect that the animal was sickly at all times. Expect unhealthy meat from an unhappy source too. Sickly animals were likely given antibiotics to make them healthy again. While they can return to becoming healthy, the fact that they’ve consumed antibiotics can harm your gut microbiome. Consuming meat with antibiotics regularly can be very unhealthy, especially in large quantities.
Free from Pesticides
High dosages of pesticides that help to keep the animals’ food from pests are present in grass and grains. While pesticides sustain the animals’ food supply, it can contribute to an unhealthy animal which will produce unhealthy meat. When you purchase quality meat, you can be sure that you’re not consuming pesticides into your body. These chemicals contribute to the development of insulin resistance, polycystic ovary syndrome, and diabetes. Also, pesticides serve as neurotoxins that can bring about migraines, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, and Alzheimer’s.
Grass-Fed Is Good For You
Grass-fed meat is best quality meat as the animal doesn’t consume food that is processed. With that in mind, grass-fed meat has excellent nutritional value compared with meat from animals given feeds or grass with pesticides. Listed below are the benefits of consuming grass-fed meat to your health:
- Contains Fewer Calories
One of the benefits that you could get from consuming grass-fed meat is that it contains fewer calories, which are highly ideal if you’re trying to lose weight and get more protein into your body.
- Has More Healthy Fats
Grass-fed meat contains more omega-3 fatty acids that are responsible for helping you lower blood pressure; cope with depression; promote focus; reduce the chances of heart attack, cardiac arrest, and stroke; and lower triglycerides, to name a few.
- Helps to Fight Off Cancer
Grass-fed meat contains a fair amount of Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) which is responsible for fighting off cancer. What makes CLA unique is that it’s the only anti-cancer nutrient you could get from dairy and beef.
- Helps to Replenish Electrolytes
When you’re into the keto diet, you might encounter keto flu wherein your body is having difficulty adjusting to the low-carb diet as it usually uses carbohydrates as your source of energy. Ketu flu can happen when you can’t get back the electrolytes flushed out of your body. Luckily, grass-fed meat contains the three essential electrolytes that your body needs, such as potassium, magnesium, and sodium. Consuming grass-fed meat will help to replenish electrolytes lost because of your keto diet.
How To Choose Good Quality Meat
Now that you’re aware of the benefits that good quality meat provides to your body, a question still persists: How to spot one? Below is a quick guide on how to choose good quality meat:
- Check the Color – The most basic thing that you need to learn when buying meat is checking the color. The meat should be white or light pink without any green tint in the joints. Avoid meat that is dark brown or purple as it means that it’s an old animal, or the meat is about to go bad. Also, avoid meat with discoloration as it’s a sign that the meat wasn’t handled properly.
- Look for Food Safety Standards – Before you purchase your meat, it’s ideal that you check if it passed the food safety standards which ensure that it’s entirely safe and healthy to consume.
- Check the Firmness – When you lightly poke the meat, it should return to its original shape. This will guarantee that the meat is fresh.
- Check the Smell – One obvious factor that you should consider when purchasing meat is to check the odor. Ensure that it doesn’t contain any foul-smelling scent as it could be a sign that the meat is no longer fresh.
Buying quality meat can be tricky. But, when you do it right, you can see the benefits it can give to your body. Buying quality meat as a gift, moreover, is more reason to ensure that you do your shopping right. Make sure that you refrain from purchasing at shops that don’t guarantee food safety.
Consuming quality meat is highly beneficial for your body. To get superior meat quality, you should always know how to shop for one so that your purchase will be worth every penny. Taste, quality, and nutritional benefits are good things to spend your money on.