Efficient video makers can help you create videos or movies within seconds. The free platforms allow you to do so without letting you spend a single penny. These tools make your video and the content shine like never before. You can now edit the videos online without even the need of downloading any program on your desktop. All you need is a good internet connection and a powerful video maker.
There are various free video editing tools available in the market these days, but the question is which one to choose as all of them look similar. Don’t worry; we have got a solution! We have curated a list of some of the best free tools; it will enable you to select your video maker tool effortlessly, that too without investing time in doing further research.
Best free video editing tools available online
1) Blender- It is one of the most professional video makers that are available on all platforms. It is an open-source program that can tackle more complex edits, making it a perfect option for more advanced projects involving 3D animation.
- It offers a massive library of visual effects and vignettes
- Around 32 slots are available for inserting video, pictures, audio, and effects
- Limitless customisation
- Advanced rendering process to quicken the saving and exporting of the project
- Mostly all their tutorials focus on the 3D animation
2) InVideo – A great video maker, InVideo is featured with a simple and intuitive interface. It is power-packed with numerous valuable features and comes in free and premium versions. The best part about this tool is that it allows users to share projects with other users and join up with them while editing videos in real-time.
- Highly customizable interface
- You can do professional-level editing with InVideo
- Get Multicam support
- Superior-quality trim functions for quick and efficient video editing
- Sometimes have rendering issues.
3) DaVinci Resolve- It is a potent video maker that renders its users with professional 8K editing, wonderful visual effects, colour correction, and audio post-production, making it a one-stop-shop for editors. It is one of the most advanced video makers, yet it possesses an intuitive interface. People prefer this platform because it enables both online and offline editing.
- You can do collaborative working with this tool
- Offers Intelligent colour correction
- Get advanced trimming and audio mastering with DaVinci resolve
- Not recommended for beginners
4) OpenShot- It is excellent open-source video maker software that is perfect for beginners because of its easy-to-use user interface. This software is completely free, plus you would not find any ads, watermarks, or paid upgrades that sometimes irritate users while using the software. It can be used on Mac, Windows, and Linux.
- You get unlimited tracks/layers with OpenShot.
- Built-n drag and drop feature for effortlessly adding video, image, or audio files
- Advanced editing tools
- Real-time previews
- Limited video tutorials
5) VideoPad- The platform is one of the best video makers, an excellent option for people who wish to create good quality videos for free. This tool is recommended for people who are just starting with video editing as it is a straightforward software to use. It works on Windows and PCs but is not available for Mac or Linux.
- You get 3D video editing with this tool.
- Can export projects straight away to YouTube and other social media platforms.
- Extensive library of readymade transitions.
- It does not offer any audio tools.
6) HitFilm Express- It is an impressive 360 video editing software that includes animation tools enabling the users to make and edit audio and video transitions without creating composite shots, which helps save ample time while editing a video. This tool renders 2D and 3D compositing, various free video tutorials, more than 400 effects and presets.
- Offers a customizable user interface.
- Users get professional-grade tools with this free software.
- Advanced cutting tools.
- It is not available for Linux users.
7) VSDC free video maker- This software is available in both free and paid versions; the free version is bundled with a restricted yet powerful set of features. The platform offers a set of editing tools, including mask, color correction, and audio editing. It is open-source software that is available on Windows only. This tool also offers a video stabilizer that aids in eliminating camera shake from footage that you take from drones or cars.
- Offers easy-to-learn advanced features
- You get a complete set of transitional effects
- Supports various well-known formats
- Technical support is not free
8) Shotcut- Another great free, open-source, and cross-platform video editing tool that comes with some incredible features. It is a basic video editing software that supports different types of formats. It offers numerous filters and special effects, helping users to create a high-quality video without paying anything.
- Offers Timeline editing
- It also supports direct streaming
- You get 4K resolution support with Shotcut
- Renders advanced audio filters
- Not that easy to use as compared to others on the list
9) iMovie- This software is only available on Mac. Its drag and drop interface makes video editing quick and seamless. Apple users prefer this software because the files are saved automatically on iCloud; this implies that you can work on all other devices such as Mac, iPad, or iPhone interchangeably.
- It supports 4K resolutions
- Extensive library of readymade transitions
- Cloud-storage functionality
- Comparatively, fewer features for professional users
10) Movie Maker- It is a video maker and a slideshow maker app that is best for Windows users as it is not available on any other platform. It is entirely free to use, plus its most attractive aspect is that it allows users to create all videos without any watermarks. Moreover, you need not register your details while opting for its subscription.
- You get the auto-preview tool for edits and effects
- Offers free stock assets.
- They provide an animation tab for adding music and titles easily
- It has an odd layout.
These are some of the best video maker tools available online; you can choose any software based on your specific requirements. So, which is your pick?