CBD has revolutionized the alternative pharmaceutical market and there have been a large number of products that have shown to help alleviate various types of conditions. CBD salve is one of them.
CBD salve by definition is a plant-based ointment for topical use, usually a mixture of beeswax and oil as a carrier and it contains the substance cannabidiol. It contains mostly coconut oil as a carrier which helps the body and skin to better absorb the CBD.
You can use CBD salve for pain virtually anywhere on the body, from the lips to chapped hands, and aching areas, as it is anti-inflammatory. It nourishes the skin so that the affected area heals faster. In the article below, we look at how CBD salve helps with pain relief.
Reasons to Use CBD Salve
You’re probably already aware that CBD brings plenty of health benefits. When you take CBD regularly, it relieves discomfort, anxiety, and reduces stress levels.
However, when you apply CBD salve on the body, it is mainly aimed at the skin or muscles as a remedy against pain and inflammation.
Sore Joints and Muscles
When CBD salve is applied directly to the skin, due to its localized effects, it reduces inflammation, having a pain-relieving effect on sore joints and muscles, which is encouraging for people experiencing high levels of pain in these areas.
The salve has a very beneficial effect on chronic diseases such as gout as its properties have shown to suppress inflammatory pain in patients.
Arthritis is an autoimmune disease and can be extremely painful and disabling. For many people, the pain means that they have to resort to strong painkillers to have a tolerable everyday life.
Although not conclusive, the Arthritis Foundation says that the research on CBD in treating arthritis is very promising. Applying and massaging the CBD salve to the affected area promotes blood flow and eases any tensions someone with this condition has.
The primary benefit of CBD salve is that it helps reduce the inflammation that triggers arthritis and long-term use can dull the pain.
Helps Skin Conditions
CBD salve has a naturally moisturizing effect and is filled with antioxidants as well as vitamins. The salve and its ingredients have a protective effect on your skin and this is one of the reasons why its popularity has skyrocketed.
CBD salve can be used for dry skin, flare-ups caused by eczema, psoriasis and when treating wounds and atopic skin. A big advantage of this product is that it works extra well on difficult-to-heal wounds as it speeds up the healing process.
Even those who suffer from acne can benefit from the properties of the CBD salve. By applying a thin layer of salve to the skin of the face or body, the problems can slowly subside or at least be alleviated.
How Does It Work?
When the CBD salve penetrates the skin, the active ingredients are quickly absorbed and immediately begin the healing process and stimulate the cells.
It facilitates the absorption of lipid-based oils and when applied topically, the lipids found in the oil base clear the way for the phytochemicals across the body’s skin membranes.
It then interacts with the cells and tissues, and the CBD affects the skin’s physiological mechanisms, making it an excellent remedy targeting extensive inflammation, skin issues, and different pains.
Using CBD Salve Properly
Applying CBD salve is no different than applying any other cream but there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Start with cleaning: Before applying the CBD salve, you should wash your hands and the area where you intend to apply as you want to avoid unnecessary bacteria.
- Use in the right area: Lubricating the whole body with CBD salve is not a good idea as this is not the purpose of the salve. Be sure to apply on the right area of the body, be it face, muscles, or hands.
- Massage properly: Just like any other cream, the CBD salve should also be massaged properly for at least 3 minutes.
- Use the right amount: Using the right amount of CBD salve is important as you don’t need to waste it in vain. Therefore, you should follow recommendations that come with the specific salve that you purchased or plan to purchase. Just like other CBD products, you want to start with minimal dosage to feel how much CBD salve your body needs. If you do not feel any effect with the minimum dose, you can increase the dosage gradually.
- Be patient: Repeat the process until the desired effect is achieved and follow the instructions that come with your CBD salve.
Many CBD products can help relieve pain and skin problems, but for those who have tried the CBD salve, it quickly becomes a definite favorite.
Whether you have joint and muscle pain, suffer from eczema or simply strive to get fresher and better-looking skin, CBD salve can be the perfect therapeutic ointment for your overall health.
Finding the right quality product and using proper application techniques will ensure that you see positive results for whatever pains you might be experiencing.