Considered one of the world’s greatest wildlife events, the annual Great Migration in Kenya is an absolute must for any travel bucket list – and this year it has made an early arrival.
The Great Migration has already been sighted in the Maasai Mara with the front of the herd having already travelled through Tanzania and crossed the Kenyan border. Up to two million animals take the journey of approximately 1,600km through Tanzani a to Kenya and this year comes with an early start as the first sightings have now been spotted in the Mara.
Those looking for a ringside view in the famous Maasai Mara will not be disappointed with a special free night offer at Sir Richard Branson’s luxury tented safari camp, Mahali Mzuri, located in Kenya’s Olare Motorogi Conservancy.
The offer includes a free night on bookings of four nights or more, allowing for a four-night stay for the price of three during the awe-inspiring migration period. What’s more, the offer is also running all the way through to December and can be combined with a kid’s go free offer, making it a perfect family holiday experience.
During migration season, guests at Mahali Mzuri are also treated to one complimentary day pass per adult to the Maasai Mara National Reserve.
As well as over one million wildebeest and hundreds of thousands of zebra, gazelles and other game to be seen during migration period, Mahali Mzuri offers the perfect location to spot lions, hyenas, leopards and endless other wildlife.
With twice-daily game drives led by expert guides, and 12 luxurious tented suites that look out onto some of the world’s most stunning scenery, Mahali Mzuri offers a truly intimate experience amidst an astonishing natural spectacle.
Rates during migration start from USD 1,380 per person (approx. £1085 at today’s exchange rate), per night, based on double occupancy and include:
- Daily game drives and game drives at night in 13,500 hectares
- All meals and drinks (including alcoholic beverages)
- Unlimited access to the exclusive Olare Motorogi Conservancy
- One complimentary day pass per adult to the Maasai Mara National Reserve during migration period.
- Transfers from the Olare Orok airstrip (25 minute drive from camp)
- Visits to the local markets
- Complimentary wireless internet available throughout the camp
- Laundry service (dry cleaning not available)
- All taxes and local levies
For bookings please
call 0800 716 919 (toll free) or +44 (0) 208 600 0430 alternatively visit http://www.virginlimitededition.com/en/mahali-mzuri
for more details.