The week beginning on the 15th of October is the National Baking Week and in celebration to it, Laura Zilio, Head Pastry Chef at Burnham Beeches Hotel, has shared her recipe for Raspberry and White Chocolate Pops served in Laura Ashley The Tea Room. The recipe creates 30 chocolate pops.
- 150g Water
- 450g Caster Sugar
- 300g White Eggs
- 150g Caster Sugar
- Combine the 450g of caster sugar and water and bring to the boil to make a syrup (around 121˚C).
- Once the water reaches 110˚C start to whip the white eggs with the 150g of caster sugar.
- Pour the syrup into the beaten egg whites while whipping.
- Continue to whip the mixture until it is cold and set.
- 6g Leaf of Gelatine
- 250g Raspberry Puree
- 125g Italian Meringue
- 250g 35% Fat whipped Cream (or alternatively 75g Milk or 175g Double Cream)
- Soften the gelatine in cold water.
- Melt the gelatine in half of the raspberry puree.
- Add the other half of the raspberry puree.
- Mix gently the raspberry puree with the Italian meringue and when it is around 30˚C add the whipped cream.
- Drop the mousse in a sphere or cake pop mould and freeze.
White Chocolate Glaze
140g White Chocolate
60g Cocoa Butter
- Melt the chocolate with the cocoa butter.
- Push a lolly pop stick into the mousse in the mould.
- Dip the pops in the melted chocolate and cocoa butter.
- Immediately dust with lime zest and raspberry powder.
- Decorate as you please. We suggest decorating with small sugar flowers (as pictured).