by CHLOE. has launched its vegan alternative to the Sunday roast, made with sea-salt roasted celery root (celeriac), available now for £9.95 at both of its locations.
The popular vegan hangout is celebrating the British dining tradition by offering London a plant-based option of the comforting classic. The roasted vegetable is served with glazed carrots, green beans, thyme potatoes, Yorkshire pudding and rosemary gravy and called ‘The Royal Roast’.
The celeriac is baked in salt, rolled in chia seeds and tinted with raw beetroot to add vibrancy to the dish. The recipe is really easy to recreate at home and by CHLOE. has decided to share it with everyone!
The Royal Roast Recipe
- 50g Chia Seeds
- 200ml Water
- 1kg Sea Salt
- 25g Plain Flour
- 400g Whole Celeriac
- 100g Cooked Beetroot
- Mix half of the chia seeds with water until they puff up, drain and place to one side. In a separate bowl mix salt, flour and remaining chia seeds to create crust.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper to prevent the celeriac from sticking and burning. Place some salt mixture on the parchment, place celeriac on salt base and then cover celeriac with remaining mixture. Cook on 160 C for 90 minutes.
- Once cooked peel off skin from the celeriac and slice into 1/2cm discs.
- Grate cooked beetroot and rub in on the discs to add pink colour.
- Roll the disk edges in puffed chia seeds so that they stick. Add vegetables of choice and serve!