- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 2
- 140g dried wholewheat fusilli
- 60g chorizo sausage, thinly sliced then halved
- 70g frozen, cooked peeled prawns
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- A few basil leaves, roughly torn
- 1 tsp parmesan
- Handful rocket leaves
Recipe Allergens: crustaceans (prawns), gluten and milk.
- 1. Cook the pasta in salted water according to packet instructions and set aside, reserving one cup of cooking water.
- 2. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the garlic for 1-2 minutes before adding the chorizo. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes, or until the chorizo begins to release all of its oils.
- 3. Add the prawns to the pan, stir to cover with the chorizo oil, then add the paprika, chilli, the zest and juice of the half lemon and continue mixing.
- 4. Add the tomatoes, and fry for 2-3 minutes until they soften and can be squished with the back of a spoon. At this point, add half a cup of the pasta water, stir and continue to cook until slightly reduced.
- 5. Once the sauce has thickened a little, add the parmesan, basil and black pepper, then pour in the cooked pasta and stir to thoroughly coat with the sauce. Add more cooking water to loosen if necessary.
- 6. Stir in the rocket right at the end, and serve with a further sprinkling of parmesan and black pepper on top.
*This recipe was developed by Aptaclub at part of their Eating for 2 Campaign, together with Chef Lorraine Pascale.