This recipe from Sarson’s using Pickle in 15 Minutes Lightly Seasoned serves 4.
Cooking time: 90 minutes
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 onion, halved and finely sliced
- 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste
- 150g of curry paste
- 500g of diced chicken breast
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 200ml of chicken stock
- 1 red pepper, quartered then sliced
Quick-pickled red onion
- 2 red onions
- 200ml of Sarson’s “Pickle in 15 Minutes” Lightly Seasoned vinegar blend
- 1 handful coriander leaves, chopped
- Naan bread
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onions. Sweat on a low heat until soft, for about 10 minutes.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and curry paste and cook for 1 minute, stirring regularly. Add 50 ml of the chicken stock and cook out until it has evaporated.
- Add the diced chicken and cook for about 5 minutes until nicely coloured. Add the tinned tomatoes, remaining chicken stock, red pepper and a pinch of salt. Simmer for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, cut the onions in half then finely slice into crescents. Place in a bowl with the chopped coriander and cover with the Lightly Seasoned vinegar blend. Drain after 15 minutes.
- Serve the curry with rice, naan bread and a generous helping of quick-pickled onions.