How many times have you bought a product based on its label?
The choice of packaging and label design, colour and style identifies your brand, gives it a unique appearance and is there to attract attention. It distinguishes your product from your competitor’s. It communicates directly with the consumer to present the product whilst also describing contents and providing instructions.
An attractively packaged product makes all the difference at the point of sale, this might be on the shelf but also increasingly on an online e-commerce platform. So, as applies to most things, first impressions count for a lot. At label.co.uk we use the latest technology and techniques to bring your product label (link) to life and help it stand out in the crowd, any shape or size is not a problem, we customise labels to fit any type of packaging.
You may have your label design already sorted or want our Design Team to come up with some ideas for you, either way we are happy to help with advice and solutions that include varnishes, lamination, hot foiling, embossing and spot colour, along with paper selection.
It’s also helpful to consider how the printed labels will be used in the production process. If being applied to bottles for example, will labels be applied whilst the bottles are still wet, will there be condensation from storage and delivery solutions? This will have a bearing on the choice of paper or polypropylene as the label base material.
Digital label printing means you can print several variations of a label in one print run, thus saving time, money and wastage. You can include batch numbers, codes, sequential numbering and individual customer names. Think Coca Cola or Nutella labels, for example.
Digital label printing is a perfect solution for food and beverage producers who have small or seasonal batch runs. Labels for multiple flavours or varieties can be printed in one go and in run lengths to suit specific quantity requirements.
Flexibility is the key word with digital label printing, which means it can fit just about any budget.
Whatever type of label you choose here are a few general things to think about:
- Can you use a more unusual shape, a customised-cut label to attract attention? Be sure to consider how this will work with all your brand sizes though.
- Engage with the customer. Try to include something that will resonate with the customer, it might be a healthy angle or environmental or even family related. Highlight the positives
- Be clear and concise. Make sure you include all the important facts on the label, clearly and accurately and meet all health and safety guidelines.
- What does the label need to endure? Will your product be chilled in refrigerators, will the label need a protective coating? How will it travel and still stay in pristine condition.
- Production Runs. How much will you produce and how often? Will there be regular variations on the product as in different flavours?
- Can you give your label a bit of kick with a special finish? This might be hot foil stamping, a gloss varnish or a foiled badge.
Going digital makes sense, whatever your market and whatever type of statement you want to make, we can provide a label to fit.