Corkers has decided to give you a hand during this perfect time to sit on the sofa and watch Rugby’s Six Nations (and FIFA World Cup starting on the 14th of June) and they paired beers and ales with a selection of their top flavours to tickle your taste buds. Here is a list with their suggestions:
- Salt & Pepper Crisps paired with Pale Ale: salty with a jolt of pepper, these crisps are the perfect pairing with a light but hoppy pale ale;
- Duck & Hoisin Sauce paired with English style IPA: Corkers’ fragrant Duck and Hoisin Sauce crisps have an aromatic flair to match this fragrant beer but enough meatiness to compliment it’s earth and floral hop;
- Simply Sea Salt paired with Pilsner: the blast of saltiness that comes from Corkers’ Simple Sea Salt is only matched by a crisp and refreshing Pilsner;
- Cheddar Cheese and Chive paired with Red Ale: the hop bitterness in this style is calmed by rich cheddar which coats your mouth at every bite;
- Pork Sausage and English Mustard paired with Blonde Ale: this easy-drinking beer with a low but pleasing hop bitterness creates a balanced pairing with the yellow heat of English mustard and rich sausage flavour of these crisps;
- Sweet Thai Chilli paired with Chocolate Beer: chilli plays well with the sweetness of this style which is a celebration of dark beer and the cocoa bean;
- Sea Salt and Cider Vinegar paired with Belgian style Saison: art vinegar sourness might make your cheeks tingle at first, but a Saison’s vibrant pepper slices through the acidity;
- Sweet Potato, Parsnip, Carrot & Beetroot paired with Vienna Lager: the mildly sweet malt flavouring of a Vienna Lager will nicely complement Mother Nature’s stalwarts of the English countryside.
Corkers Hand Cooked Potato Crisps are available in 40g and 150g bags at the price of £0.90 – £1.00 for a small bag and £1.80 – £2.00 for a big bag.